Probably the biggest priority of mine, as well as that of the MVF Board and senior staff, is to encourage residents to get involved with the Montgomery Village Foundation (MVF). This community has succeeded for over 50 years because of volunteers stepping forward, sharing ideas, taking leadership roles, putting in place policies and priorities that a professional staff could act on.
We are so thankful for the residents who give their time and talents back to MVF and to their own HOAs, COAs and apartment communities. If you have any ideas to energize more volunteers to come forward, please let me know. Feel free to call or e-mail me at 240-243-2322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of high priority projects for MVF during 2018 including:
- Replacement of our current database software program, which supports all MVF operations;
- Appointment and training of the first student non-voting MVF Board member, who will also work as a summer intern;
- Installation of a digital sign promoting Village events and activities at a high traffic area to help with marketing;
- Implementing a new communications strategy, which focuses on transitioning from print media to increased digital options, including short videos on the MVF website;
- Development of a Recreation and Parks Strategic Plan that charts the future of programs, events and facilities over the next 5 years and beyond;
- Continuing to Implement Vision 2030 development projects by working with developers, community members and county agencies on perfecting plans in the pipeline, including the Bloom golf course redevelopment plan, the Village Center plan and, hopefully, a plan for the shuttered Professional Center;
- Continuing to identify ways to make MVF a greener operation through the use of solar panels, implementing more energy efficient interior and exterior lighting and planting more tree to increase forested areas;
- Commencing planning for the replacement of the North Creek Pool and bathhouse facilities—pool to be under construction after the 2019 pool season; and
- Finalizing a detailed plan for MVF’s new Central Park amenities (dog park, community gardens, playground areas, etc.) at the former Montgomery Village Golf Course.
All of these projects will take many hours of work to accomplish, and I know we will continue to be successful by working together as a community.
Have a happy New Year!