Seniors in Action is a 55+ program located in Montgomery Village, MD. Programs are offered from Monday to Friday. Time varies during the week. Program set up starts as early as 8:30 a.m. and program ends as late as 2 p.m.
At Seniors in Action (SiA), our Activities Assistant is responsible for consistently engaging members and providing the best customer service. The Activities Assistant is responsible for designing Arts & Crafts projects, preparing refreshments, setting up front desk and other duties related to SiA program.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed to enrich the lives of the members of Seniors in Action.
- Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
- Develops and leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities as needed. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and clean up after each activity.
- Encourages resident participation in activities.
- Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining history of monthly activities calendars.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with volunteers, instructors and MVF employees.
- Assists with keeping SiA bulletin boards and displays current.
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
- Assists Recreation Specialist in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels in each program.
- Other duties as needed
- 1 to 2 years experience working with senior citizen population
- Experience leading Arts & Crafts projects preferred
- High School diploma
- Ability to motivate and encourage members.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational & time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in member’s best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following program procedures and guidelines
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Basic proficiency in computer skills