Do you love the Great Outdoors and working with people? We have a position available at Montgomery Village Foundation as a Park and Facility Assistant. This candidate will patrol Montgomery Village by car and foot to help maintain a safe environment in and around our parks, community centers and facilities. You will work with the residents of Montgomery Village and educate them about the rules of the community. Notify police of suspicious or illegal activity and check our community centers and facilities for building repairs, outage of parking lot lights or other issues that will need attention. This position requires work in the evenings and weekends.
What you will do:
- Patrols assigned areas by car and on foot outside of regular business hours.
- Observes and monitors activities of persons in and around Montgomery Village Foundation Parks, playgrounds, buildings, properties, parking lots and other facilities.
- Reports illegal or suspicious activities to the police.
- Keeps a daily log of incidents.
- Responds to after hour emergency calls from answering service and follows up with residents.
- Conducts pool and facility security checks; examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Observes, documents, and reports property damage, malfunctioning equipment or machinery, or other unsafe conditions, downed trees, gates unlocked, etc.
- Assists with Village-wide events and programs as needed.
- Assists with custodial staff with weather event.
What you’ll get:
- FT position in your local community
- Great Benefits Package to include an employer 401(k) match of 6%
- Vacation, Sick and Personal leave
What you need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Enjoy working with people
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- MS office suite
- Must be able to lift/carry materials or objects up to 25 pounds
- Interact with the public and staff in a positive, courteous, diplomatic, respectful and professional manner
- Must possess a valid class C Driver’s License and maintain a safe driving record
- Must have CPR/First Aid Certification
- Ability to fluently to speak, read and write English and Spanish
- Previous work in a security company or law enforcement agency.