Pay Starting Rate:
$40,000 - $42,000
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining digital marketing strategies for social media channels and website. Oversees resident engagement and brand consistency through digital content.
- Coordinates circulation of the Village News by carrier throughout Montgomery Village.
- Manage MVF and appropriate departmental social media channels and develop strategies to enhance online resident engagement and search engine rankings.*
- Provide helpful design/layout insights, as well as establish expectations, timelines and metrics for online engagement.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread copy for online news articles and social media posts.*
- Analyze content for consistency, accuracy, adherence to style and brand standards and user experience implications.*
- Serve as social media photographer/videographer for functions and events.*
- Collaborate with Multi-media Designer on video production and web content.*
- Support branding/marketing efforts through digital copy and content.
- Develop, execute and maintain monthly electronic newsletters.
- Coordinates the distribution of approximately 11,300 copies of the Village News to residents. Emails carriers reminders and important information.*
- Sorts and counts proper number of papers for each carrier. Orders circulation supplies. Monitors paper pickup on delivery days.
- Organizes hiring, orientation and assigning of approximately 60 carriers, plus substitute carriers, and monitors carriers to ensure that reasonable safety precautions are taken.
- Maintains mailing list for carriers, substitutes, subscribers and advertisers. Sends correspondence as needed.*
- Supervises delivery through routine spot checks and handles all complaints and special requests concerning circulation.*
- Prepares and submits carrier payroll. Oversees the monthly production and fulfillment of Carrier Newsletter.
- Assists in all Communications Department functions, including attending/staffing events and editing/proofing publications as needed.
- Takes reasonable safety precautions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent grammar, writing, copy-editing and communication skills, including the ability to adapt writing style to appeal to different audiences and maintain brand standards across various media types.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite, social networking platforms and online marketing tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public both in person and online.
- Familiarity with SEO and analytics reporting tools to aid in content strategy creation/evaluation.
- Proactive attitude that carries through independent and team work settings.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations or related field.
- Two or more years of professional work experience in related role; or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing social media and digital content strategies.
- Basic HTML knowledge and ability and understanding of Drupal CMS platform.
- Painstaking attention to detail.