Montgomery Village is a planned community with approximately 36,000 residents in Montgomery County, MD. Montgomery Village Foundation offers community management services to 13 homes corporations and condominiums within the boundaries of Montgomery Village. These services include document and record management, collection of assessments, publicity and communications with residents, election processing and the administration of community contracts. The community management staff also performs inspections for covenant enforcement and private property maintenance. Finally, community management coordinates and administers community property maintenance programs and contracts as directed by the association boards of directors.
Join our team as a Community Manager who manages the day-to-day operations of HOA’s under contract with MVF Community Management, carrying out policies and directives of the respective Boards of Directors within the framework of adopted budgets and management contracts.
- Prepares agenda and backup material for meetings; distributes to members in advance of meeting date.
- Prepares monthly management report for the respective Boards of Directors. Prepares a monthly report for the Director of Community Management, noting an overview of the month's activities for the various communities.
- Participates in preparation of the annual budgets and reserve plans for the respective communities; administers the approved budgets and supervises the maintenance of financial records. Reviews and approves all bills for payment.
- Attends regular Board of Directors meetings and, when requested, special meetings. Provides professional guidance and participates in Board deliberations as required. Makes recommendations regarding maintenance needs and financial decisions.
- Provides support services to HOA committees and participates in their deliberations when requested.
- Prepares or arranges for preparation of bid specifications and requests for proposals on major rehabilitation, construction or maintenance projects; acts as representative for the Boards in contract negotiations and recommends selection of contractors and other suppliers; supervises contractors as needed; verifies proper insurance coverage by contractors.
- Informs Board members of resident concerns and personal observations in the community.
- Researches information as required, regarding local issues and projects.
- Regularly inspects commonly‑owned areas and facilities to insure proper maintenance.
- Enforces provisions of legal documents and other rules and regulations as adopted by the respective Boards of Directors.
- Provides on-call service during non-working hours for all Homes Corporations/Condominiums managed by MVF. Follows through on emergencies.
- Confers with attorney in preparation of lawsuits and other Board matters.
- Carries out directives of Boards of Directors.
- Takes reasonable safety precautions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of large scale property management.
- Ability to interpret the overall aims and objectives of the Boards of Directors to residents of the locals and condominiums under contract with the Montgomery Village Foundation, Inc.
- Thorough working knowledge of all legal documents pertaining to each corporation.
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of preventative maintenance; ability to evaluate standards of service performed.
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; good organizational skills.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to property management; general knowledge of real estate law.
- Ability to prepare and administer operating budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board of Directors, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Public relations skills and demonstrated ability to speak in public.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to physically perform on-site inspections.
- Ability to attend evening meetings.
- Graduation from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or Marketing, or related field; three years of progressively responsible experience in property management or real estate; or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must possess valid driver's license and have own transportation
- Willingness to attain CMCA within twelve months of employment
- CMCA & AMS certification
- Previous community management experience with a similar sized association and management contracts